YogaCentrix is a yoga studio located at 6485 Shallowford Rd, Lewisville, NC 27023 (Directions) that mixes joy with physical fitness to bring more smiles, better moods and gains in physical, mental and spiritual wellness. Our yoga studio is a place of laughter, compassion, strength and truth. We are proud to be a part of thousands of years of yoga traditions and look forward to innovating with you new ways to find a better life.
YogaCentrix is devoted to improving life through dedicated effort and our unwavering commitment to educational excellence. Our goal is to motivate every student to become their best self. Life isn’t predictable, but hard work yields consistent results. Our faithful purpose is to bring opportunities with each class for you to become more and more your best self.
De-stress, regain confidence and find positivity in our beautiful yoga-centric studio.
- Drop-in rate for classes is $11.
- A 10-class pass is $100, saving you $10.
- Monthly membership $75.
- YogaCentrix is Cash or Check only.
200 and 300 RYT certified. Currently enrolled in IAYT certified four year, 815 hour, Yoga Therapeutics program.
I enjoy picking my nose in all photos to make them more memorable and interesting, working up a nasty sweat doing something challenging, then relaxing with a good book, my dog nearby, as something delicious is cooking.
Being better every day in every way is the endgame. Also, getting a superpower would be cool.
In order to facilitate training in a safe environment, YogaCentrix will be holding classes outdoors. We plan to return to the Studio as cold weather approaches. In the interim, we are still providing private sessions In-Studio when requested. Please contact us for more information on Private Sessions.
To participate in our Outdoor Classes, you must bring:
- Your Mat
- A Yoga Strap
- Blocks (if you have them)
- A towel (to use as cushion for knees and such)
- A bottle of water
- Sunscreen if we are not under the picnic pavilion.
- A sturdy bag to haul all these goodies from car to park and back. 😉
YogaCentrix Park Yoga Rules
- We will keep an 6′ radius from one another. No exceptions. Our mats will be placed in a manner that will allow us to stretch, reach and move without ever breaking into one another’s ‘bubble’. I’ll help guide mat placement so there is no confusion.
- Hand sanitizer, Lysol spray and/or Clorox wipes are used at the end of every session, every time. I’ll bring these supplies to every class. They will be available to everyone. Please take turns getting what you need so we don’t get too close to one another.
- Bring your own mat, blocks, towel (for padding under knees and such) and strap.
Keep in mind, we are practicing outdoors, oftentimes on concrete. An inexpensive mat is best because they get dirty and sometimes torn easily compared to indoor usage. Cheap mats can be gotten from Five Below.
Straps, blocks and other supplies can be gotten at various stores or online. I have props for sale at the studio. If you’d like to see the inventory or have any questions about pricing, please contact YogaCentrix.
Yoga Class Descriptions
Back Care Yoga
Asanas (postures) done to align the spine and offer reduction in back discomfort and pain. Most movements are done sitting or lying on the floor and gentle, soft adjustments are how deepening of postures is achieved.
Good for those with back issues who need ways to stretch and relieve pain without pushing too hard.
A general descriptor meaning a yoga class where the focus is on holding asanas (postures) while creating alignment of body and breath.
Good for strength, flexibility and balance.
The place to be for a gentle, relaxing stretch while working on Pranayama (breathing) and Meditation.
Good for stress reduction, tension relief and overall restoration of both body and mind.
Often labeled as Flow, this is a quicker pace than Hatha. Emphasis is on alignment as we move steadily through a series of asanas/ postures.
Good for cardiovascular health, strength and balance.
Where weights meet yoga and exercise meets zen. Body awakening warm up, followed by strengthening flows and finishing with a short cool down period.
Good for strength, cardiovascular health and muscle building / increasing bone density.